Ceres Tiu, M.D.
- Cebu Institute of Medicine, Philippines 2004, Doctor of Medicine
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York City, 2009
- Award for Excellence-Outstanding Resident of the Year, 2009
- Fellowship, Infectious Diseases, Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York City, Chief Fellow 2011
- Diplomate in Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine, 2009
- Diplomate in Infectious Diseases, American Board of Internal Medicine, 2011
- Infectious Disease Society of America
- American College of Physicians.
As a physician, I seek to improve my patients’ lives by providing compassionate care. I know that the practice of Infectious Diseases can help my patients in real, positive ways. I treat a wide range of adult infectious diseases, including community-acquired and travel-related, as well as health-care associated infections and severe infections involving multi-drug resistant organisms requiring complex antibiotic treatment, and I have participated in antibiotic stewardship and infection control committees.